Saturday, November 30, 2019

Art questions December 2019


Q: Have you done collaborations?

A: No, I've done everything completely by myself.

Most of the faces in my drawings are mine. I don't do self portraits but I use my own face and body for different ideas. As an expressionist who also loves comedy, I wish I had a rubber face. I've still tried to do everything I can with this face.

Q: Are you going to make another film?

A: I've started working on a short wax drawing animation. I'm interested in all elements of filmmaking.

When I was growing up in the 1990s, I was fascinated by movie posters and soundtracks. Most of them were from the 1970s and 80s. They used to be more creative and important. Reading about movies I hadn't seen was also fascinating. I couldn't do the same things now. I couldn't do that with the same kind of intensity.

Q: Are you going to write more music in 2020?

A: There's one jazzy classical piece for my 10th album. The 8th and 9th will be out on January 1, 2020. The music on those is more extreme.

I thought I would be making less music but you never know when the ideas take over.

No comments: