Friday, January 3, 2020

Art questions January 2020


Q: Realistic versus non-realistic, which one do you prefer?

A: I like both. Realistic versus non-realistic is one of the dumbest and most boring topics.

It's not that simple. It depends on the ideas and how you use these techniques. Some of my drawings have realistic parts that stand out, but most of them are expressionistic and surreal. I don't want to limit myself to realistic only.

Q: What are your favourite film genres?

A: Comedy and horror. I would take Duck Soup (1933) and Vampyr (1932) to a desert island.

Q: What's the best advice you've received?

A: The intellect is just an ingredient.

Q: Has your relationship with art changed over the years?

A: Right now I'm closer to the person I wanted to be. I didn't want to call myself an artist too early. I was good at drawing, but I only had ideas for music until 2014. Before that I didn't take drawing seriously and didn't know who my favourite artists were.

The most interesting works aren't always considered the best. You don't have to worry about official lists and polls. You have to look for these experiences yourself. No one can do that for you.

You either care or you don't. If you love music you will listen to tons and tons of music. It's the same with everything else. You can't be a lover of cinema who's only seen 20 films. Or who's only seen modern films.

People can tell if you're inexperienced or if you're being egotistical.

No comments: