Thursday, July 12, 2018

Blah Blah Blah Blah Art Blah Blah Blah Blah


"All truly great art is optimistic. The individual artist is happy in his creative work.
 The fact that practically all great art is tragic does not in any way change the above thesis."

Upton Sinclair

"I can very well do without God both in my life and in my painting, but I cannot, suffering as I am, do without something which is greater than I am, which is my life, the power to create."

Vincent van Gogh

"My experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

Oscar Wilde

"Beauty has as many meanings as man has moods."

Oscar Wilde (The Critic as Artist)

"That's what art is. It's like somehow somebody got it just perfectly right, and something very close to it is like... meh."

Wes Craven (Still Screaming: The Ultimate Scary Movie Retrospective)

No comments: