Saturday, July 13, 2024

Fuck record labels

 

I hate record labels.

I hate the way they promote things, how they maintain the cult of popularity, how much they need mindless cheerleaders and followers.

It's all a bunch of bullshit.

Don't tell me I'm "insulting record labels." Go fuck yourself. What kind of backwards bullshit is that? Are record labels all of a sudden sacred? When did that start?

Artists should always lead the way. Without musical ideas the entire artform wouldn't exist. You listen to it with your ear holes and you feel something. That's what it's about. Everything else is extra crap.

Having my own record label is out of question. I can barely support myself. I don't know how many Bandcamp accounts I'm eventually going to have, but this I do know: music is in my DNA. I'm here to raise the bar, I'm here to take risks. All that mind-numbing compromising with labels is a waste of time.

Never lose your individuality and curiosity.

No comments: