Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Art questions April 2021

Q: Do you think information online destroys the mystique surrounding the artist?

A: First of all, put that mystique in your work. If you can't do that, you are useless. It depends on what that shared information is.
I don't think I've revealed too much.

You're either an interesting person or someone who isn't. Those are your options. I understand artists who don't want to say too much, but I can't imagine my favourite artists never doing interviews.

Q: You recorded 8 albums between 2019 and 2020. Are you making music right now?

A: I've been writing my 15th album for 6 months and it will be recorded in April 2021. Release date is probably in 2022. This album includes my first cover song.

I've been active since 2000. 12 years of demos and after that studio albums. My first album was finished after I dropped out of university. Usually my process is a mixture of rewriting and writing from scratch. 5 albums in a year is the maximum number. 2020 was crazy.

No comments: