Friday, April 5, 2019

Artists are children?


I once drew a crying homeless man when I was at daycare. Why? I'm not sure. It was something I either saw or imagined for the first time. I did it because it felt interesting.

Pay attention to your inner world when you see something for the first time. This is closely connected to atmosphere. You don't need a ton of information to get the feeling right. Only you know how to be inherently intuitive, playful and how to generate ideas unconsciously.

It is vital for your inner world to mature, but you can benefit vastly from a naive imagination unhindered by cynicism, reluctance and suffocating rationality. Art without iconic and visionary qualities is useless.

My art is a mixture of the childlike and the experienced. When I started listing the titles of my drawings I noticed that it's a list of things and emotions, not a list of references. I still have no intention of going nuts with pompous references. It's more important to notice that something is missing. Perhaps it will help me produce works that won't disappear.

No comments: