Sunday, January 3, 2021

Vengeful Semblance - White Trilogy Q&A - part 1 / 3

Black Trilogy Questions

Q: Do any of your albums feature different versions of your previously released tracks?

A: No. There's only one version of each track in my discography (14 albums, 13 released).

Q: Are you a guitarist?

A: No. I'm a keyboardist and a composer. I can only play sliding chords on the guitar. Most of the music on Vengeful Semblance albums was programmed. The original guitar tracks were clean.

Q: How does the "White Trilogy" differ from the "Black Trilogy": Vengeful Semblance (2019), Instruments of Unveiling, Muses with Tin Tongues (2020)?

A: If there's something I didn't do on the previous albums, it becomes the next motivating thing. The track "Tempest Chant" has orchestral percussion with pipe organ. I also wanted to create even more unusual percussive sounds.

I'm not that interested in doing crazy orchestrations, but I started introducing more instruments. I love the powerful sound of pipe organ and I use it as an instrument, not just as an effect.

No comments: