Friday, March 6, 2020

Art questions March 2020


Who are your biggest influences?

Hard to say. I've always been drawn to symbolism, surrealism and expressionism.

My favourite artists are listed here:
https://saapasnahkatorni.blogspot.com/2018/04/15-great-artists.html

I think my biggest influences are curiosity and genes. I admire artists who have their own voice and make use of their own genes.

I use my own experiences in my art but I do it in the form of ideas.

Do you have a work routine?

No. I'm making notes, feeding my subconscious and doing things in bursts. Developing ideas can take a long time but I wouldn't call the final discovery a conscious plan. More like a flash.

What kind of feedback have you received?

Mainly positive. One art teacher said I should use more solid simplicity. I agreed.

I associate substantial criticism with saying something meaningful and asking the right questions. It may take some time. I sometimes get frustrated when people feel like they have to pass judgement immediately.

In order to take something in as a pure experience, you have to get out of its way and let it do its thing. You can't just focus on your own presence.

No comments: