Thursday, July 1, 2021

Art questions July 2021

Q: What kind of books do you read?

A: I love reading classic short stories from Anton Chekhov, Guy de Maupassant, Edgar Allan Poe, Honore de Balzac, Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, Italo Calvino, Franz Kafka and E. T. A. Hoffmann. Usually I'm reading about different art forms, but any topic can be inviting because my reading is based on curiosity. I wouldn't get anything done if I had to explain every step.

Listening to audio books is not the same as reading. The only audio books I have are poetry and The Book of Revelation. Some T. S. Eliot and Robert Graves read by the poets themselves. I started reading more poetry after studying English and Finnish literature.

My favourite Finnish poets are Aleksis Kivi and Uuno Kailas. Finnish folk poetry is also incredible. It was passed down in the form of songs and collected in the 19th century. They had poems about everything. Some of them were censored and published much later.

No comments: