Friday, December 8, 2017

I don't want you to be bored with black and white


I have never had a list of black and white techniques and I never will.

Black and white is about shapes and it is filled with possibilities. That's all I need to know. I will never know everything about black and white. It's the same with darkness and light. They are not just what you think they are. I will try different things within these limitations as long as I can.

Different people have reacted to my works and there's one word
I keep hearing: dark.

My works are more than that. They are suggestive and emotional.
I'm not going to avoid darker ideas, but I'm not going to focus on them either. There are things we don't usually talk about, not just because they're dark, but because they're hard to explain.

I want you to see more than just the surface or cliches of black and white.

No comments: